Thursday, June 7, 2007

My Sister's House

Thought some of you may be interested to find out more about what I do..

This is my sister's house that I designed in Miri Sarawak.
The house is designed and built over the internet and telephone calls. My sister managed the bill on site herself. I had lots of sleepless nights answering queries due to the time difference.
Very fulfilling to work on a smaller project and to see it built.
This is what the old house look like! The balcony to the front of the house has been demolished to make room for an two-storey atrium 'glass box'. The lourves provides some privacy to the house.

To the rear of the house, the land slopes right down to form a valley, which presented an opportunity to create a semi-basement self-contained guestroom (my room!). The main house is extended to the back with an additional children play-area and outdoor terrace.

You almost feel like in a completely different world sitting out there, birds chirping away and sometimes you can spot a monkey or two. The garage to the left of the main buiding is a new addition. Upstairs, 3 bedrooms, two bathroom and study area. on Ground Floor, open kitchen dinning, formal living room, bathroom and children play-area to the rear as mentioned earlier. Lower Ground, guest room, ensuite, walk-in-wardrobe and outdoor terrace.

Some architectural shots!!!










1 comment:

Prelude Music said...

Patrick, please help to change my link from my husband's "Yap Ling" to "Grace Lee". Because only you can do it. My architect friend were in Miri the other day with my hubby and they saw this house and like the design. Keep in touch.